1. Tuition must be paid in full in order for the dancers to participate in the Annual Showcase.
2. Tuition is due by the 1st of the month. If a payment is late, there will be a $10 late fee applied to the account that will accumulate each month.
3. All tuition must be paid in post dated checks or cash. The only exception is tuition that is paid in full for the season.
4. There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
5. Dancers wishing to participate in optional events such as master classes and competition must be caught up on tuition before they can enroll in the optional activities. PC dancers have one exception and that will be explained under PC policies.
6. Dancers are considered enrolled in a class and therefore responsible for tuition until written notice is given by the parent. 30 days from the date of the letter detailing the dancer’s change in status, tuition will be recalculated going forward whether it is an adjustment or a drop.
7. Private lessons are to be paid to the instructor directly at the time of the lesson.
8. All choreography is property of CVDA and it’s instructors. If you would like to perform any of the choreography learned, you must get permission from the instructor and give credit where it is due upon the performance.
9. Dancers are not allowed to be in the lobby of CVDA for longer than 10 minutes after their last class. Any dancer left unattended after this time will then be charged at the rate of $5 per 5 minutes to cover the cost of the employee.
10. Dancers in our 3 – 6 year old program must have a parent come inside to drop them off and pick them up.
11. Dancers must wear street clothes or cover ups when coming to or leaving the studio. Especially no shorty tops or short shorts.
12. Our goal is to provide a safe, warm, family environment in the studio where children of all ages and parents of all ages are comfortable while waiting for class etc. Therefore, there will be no tolerance for inappropriate language or content allowed in the lobbies or outside of CVDA on the benches.
13. Each night the studio is cleaned up and items are put in the lost and found. It is each dancer’s responsibility to check the lost and found before they are donated at the end of each month.
14. Dancers are not allowed to sit in class if they do not feel well or are injured. They will be sent to the office to have a parent called to pick them up and take them home.
15. Please notify the staff of CVDA via email or voice mail by 2:30pm if your dancer is going to be late or absent and the reason why and we will notify the instructors.
16. Dancers can make up their missed classes in any other class in that same style, and their level or lower. They will need instructor’s permission to make it up in a level higher than they are currently placed at.
17. Dancers should arrive 5 – 10 minutes before class begins. Dancers who are late are encouraged to apologize to the instructor after class.
18. No gum chewing or open containers of food or drink in the dance rooms. Bottled water is okay.
19. Dancers are encouraged to thank the instructor after each class.
20. Please inform the instructor and the office if there are any new medical problems that we should be aware of. Please also call the studio and, if possible, inform the instructor if there are any deaths in the family or other issues that we should be aware of when working with your dancer.
21. Dancers are encouraged to be supportive of each other.
22. It is usual to stay in a certain dance level more than one year. We asses dancers individually and move them up by the ability level they have achieved, not by the length of time that they have danced. Your dancer’s instructor will evaluate your dancer at the end of each session and place them in the correct placement for the following session.
23. Absolutely no boyfriends or girlfriends of dancers are allowed in the studio unless they are enrolled in class.
24. With the exception of Parent Watch Weeks, spectators are not allowed inside the classroom. Classroom observers cannot help but pull focus away from the instructor and change the atmosphere of the class into a performing environment rather than a learning environment.
25. Parents are required to be supportive of CVDA’s instructors, staff, and director. We do not tolerate negativity in the lobby. We believe that young people need a safe haven where they can express themselves and feel joyful. If you have an issue regarding staff, policies, etc, please make an appointment with the director for either a phone conference or a meeting to resolve the issue.
26. Age placements will be of July 1st for summer sessions and October 31st for fall sessions.
27. It is the parents responsibility to ensure they are checking the website frequently for updates and notices. We will also email you and call for more immediate circumstances.